View Single Post
reb569
Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2017
297 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 15, 2017 at 02:40 AM

I wouldn't rule out the tech industry entirely. It may have been a isolated incident. In my role in Marketing I work a lot with a couple of our systems guys and they are really great, very helpful and team players.

Dealing with horrible bosses can be tough. The last one I had was actually let go about 5 weeks ago. He was horribly critical and I caught him trying to lay blame for one of his mistakes on me and I called him on it. He then ordered me to never contradict him publicly in any way. Our one on one meetings were pure hell. I had several panic attacks after meetings with him. One time after he tore a report I did for him apart for over an hour, which resulted in a few minor changes, his boss asked for an overview of the same report and told me "great work!"

As for dealing with horrible bosses....document everything. If possible discuss with someone you trust and when necessary, go a step up the chain (if there is one) and discuss there. Unfortunately, in a lot of cases, the higher up will win no matter what, but I was lucky because my boss already had a reputation for doing similar things and I had several people who had my back.

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. I’ve always felt that I wasn’t a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
reb569 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote