View Single Post
Tsukaregirl

Member Since Jul 2017
9 hugs
given
Default Aug 31, 2017 at 01:52 PM

Wow! You're a twin, too? Thank you so much for responding and for the kind patience. It all definitely helps!

It's not that she doesn't have the money, no. We both actually work the same job and make around the same amount. It might be that she thinks she can freeload, but even if that's the case, I don't think it's done innocently. I think I mentioned it in the long, long original post, but when I've owed her even a matter of a few cents, she has gotten extremely angry with me and demanded I pay her back immediately "or else". So she should understand how I would feel being owed so much money for the rent, but she either can't seem to understand that or just doesn't care, which scares me. She won't give me the chance to rationalize it, like, "If I were doing this to you, how would you feel? Wouldn't you feel awful? Wouldn't you be angry?"

I suppose it's possible she wants to become her own person, but she's always been the one holding me back when I've insisted that we need to separate (usually after our more severe fights). I think we both have that desire, actually (to be our own unique person), but also can't break away from each other either. We live overseas together, too, so being together might feel extra important for that reason.

I also can't understand why she would have such control issues where I am concerned if she really did want to become her own person. Why have such a need to keep me on a leash and monitor every little thing I do if she wants to be separate? It doesn't seem to make sense. I am still waiting to post a certain something (I went to a show recently and wanted to share about it) to my social media, but she won't let me. Is this something your twin does, too? Controls what you say or do?

I've been coping - as I guess I always have - but I still feel like I'm on eggshells, waiting for the next flareup....

I'd be really, really grateful to talk to someone who has a twin for sure, so thank you very much for the offer! I know it's an odd situation...
Tsukaregirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady