Tbhimscared

Member Since Mar 2017
60 hugs
given
Default Sep 01, 2017 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moment View Post
1. You can ask her what she thinks of your sessions. You can ask her anything
2. Was it truly a break in confidentiality, or did she have your permission to talk to your GP? If she had your permission to talk to the GP, it is not exactly a break in confidentiality. I was uncomfortable with something my pdoc disclosed to a therapist, but I had given them permission to talk, and I talked to both of them later about my discomfort and we worked through it.
3. How does the therapist know your family? I can see being uncomfortable in that situation but it seems like something to be talked about
4. Why have you been seeing someone you see no pros with for eight months? Did you previously find her helpful but no more? Or have you been giving someone the benefit of the doubt for eight months?
No it was a true break of confidentiality, she never mentioned talking to my doctor once with me. She knows my family because she was my sisters therapist and then my parents went in for some sessions with her so she knows everyone.
I've been going for 8 months and trying to see how it works, a lot of sessions have been cancelled or rescheduled and they're mostly every second week plus she went on vacation for 3 weeks so I didn't go for a whole month one time so I've been waiting for things to get better this whole time but it's not and I don't think it will.
Tbhimscared is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote