View Single Post
PTSDeez

Member Since Dec 2007
Default Dec 29, 2007 at 03:18 PM

Sky: While I'm well aware that there's no single fool proof cure for PTSD, you can't honestly argue that many people haven't been completely absolved of their PTSD symptoms, to the point that the PTSD no longer exists at all. Stories abound of people who just found the right therapy at the right time, had a cathartic episode, and suddenly felt like a human being again. I fully intend to be one of those people.

Obviously, after going through something like PTSD you're not going to be the exact same person that you were before it took place, but the same thing can be said about most any life experience one could think of. Was I the same person when I came back from a road trip in college that I was when I left? Probably not, but honestly who gives a %#@&#!?

June and Nothemama: I've done talk therapy since May of 2005, and about 10 other types of therapy between now and then as well. Unfortunately, my triggers are structured in just such a way that my life is unlivable and completely unacceptable like this. That's why I'm hellbent on eradication, if I were somehow able to "accept" my triggers, I would be accepting a solitary life in my parents' basement. That's not for me.

I'm a bizarre case... in short, I developed very severe PTSD from an event that wasn't traumatic at all (rationally anyway), so I don't have this "I survived that horrible event!" sort of pride flowing through my veins. If anything my mindset more closely resembles "why in God's name did my body decide to freak out so much about something so small?"