View Single Post
Anonymous57777

Default Sep 06, 2017 at 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSurvivor View Post
My experiences have led me to believe that in no way does narcissist/NPD=bad or evil person. Just as we all suffer with our own maladies, so do the NPD folks, from my experiences. Kind of like a coping mechanism because of difficulties from their family of origin or perhaps some trauma or abuse.

Many stories and articles are written about people who were married to a narcissist or have narcissistic family members or friends that they didn't come to understand for years, sometimes decades.

The only thing that I can honestly say about helping someone identify folks with NPD if they don't tell you themselves or maybe don't know it themselves, is simply - your gut feel.
I have been hesitant to talk about this here but this is my struggle right now. When I am honest to the person I am in a struggle with about things that have been done that don't feel right--I am told I only feel this way because I have the mental problem. We both have problems. I didn't understand what was going on for decades. I only became interested in pyschological things after my attempt. Work and children has always been both of our focuses--
not worrying about our emotions or feelings. Having not dealt with or understood our issues and, more seriously, the fact that this person feels like the problems in our family are totally the result of my MI makes me unhopeful about our situation. I have been in crisis for days and days but am keeping it together (will not make a stupid move again) because there are many in my life I will never abandon. Not even sure I can abandon the narcissist (I hate this word ). It tears me apart. I would be dead if he hadn't called 911 when he found me.

Last edited by Anonymous57777; Sep 06, 2017 at 08:42 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote