Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 08, 2017 at 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Tripper View Post
For your short term memory loss, maybe behind the scene of your known mental state something is causing stress on your hippocampus. Usually stress, anxiety, depression cause shrinkage/problems with it. That's what happened with me. Are you experiencing any of those symptoms? My roommate, ironically, has been on Lexapro AND Abilify since before 5 years ago at least. She experiences emotions and she doesn't have memory problems. I'm googling Geodon and memory loss and getting just as many hits as with Abilify. Is there some form of constant stress you're under?

I found this on a site https://bipolar.newlifeoutlook.com/bipolar-memory-loss/ Saying memory cognition can coincide with bipolar...

The site also said this on the second page:
I know from personal experience Lithium didn't give me memory issues, however I would often find myself lost and confused the first few months on Lamictal.

Are there periods where you have bp symptoms and your memory gets worse and then your symptoms go away and your cognition gets a bit clearer?

Mostly I'm having anxiety symptoms according to the pdocs miniquizzes......and my thinking was way worse when I started my new job....but it's still not great. I actually read a paper today on grm3 which is the mutation I have....apparently for some mutations treatment actually enhances cognitive impairment this is with any AP. Another grm3 mutation did not have the same effect so there is a genetic component in our response to meds even within the same gene.

Honestly I don't think I get bipolar symptoms to any extent the AP is a pretty good mood stabilizer.....