View Single Post
Tucson
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
16 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 13, 2017 at 10:51 PM

I am so hurt that I do not know what to do. Let me give you some background. My 17 year old daughter had been getting more difficult to handle. I am not a good parent. I handled this poorly. Then she ran away. I have been so angry with her. Then I think about my failure. What have I done so terribly wrong? When the police found her, her mother thought that I was not doing a good job parenting my daughter. So my daughter moved to her mothers house. When they came back to take some of her stuff back with them, my daughter took all of her stuff away. She told me that her mother knew how to raise her. I felt abandoned. I felt a great loss. I have been grieving her as I look at the now bare bedroom that she had with me. I want my daughter back. My daughter does not want to talk to me. I was so angry at my daughter for running away. I was angry at her mother taking my daughter away from me. But the anger has been just masking a lot of hurt.

I do not kmow what to do. I think I am starting to move past my anger, but this will take time. However the hurt remains. This becomes so overwhelming to me that I start to feel helpless. So much has gone wrong in my life recently. However my daughter wanting to remain away from me is by far the worst thing to happen to me in my life. This is all I have to think of much of the time while I do nothing but try to watch TV.

How does one deal with so much hurt, anger, and grief? I know this will take time. So will my relationship with my daughter. What is most important to me is my daughters well-being. So I do understand that for now she is best with her mother. But it still hurts.

Last edited by Tucson; Sep 14, 2017 at 12:10 AM..
Tucson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous50909, Anonymous57777, Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky, reb569, Sunflower123