View Single Post
Tucson
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
16 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 14, 2017 at 01:07 PM

Thank you all for your support and good ideas. I will continue to reach out to my daughter. I think time will tell, but at least she will know that I am there for her. I think part of the problem is that I started disciplinig her late. When she became more out of control, sometimes I was mean to her calling her selfish and irresponsible. When she ran away and was found by the police, I lashed out at her instead of just having a very stern talk with her. I also did not help to put structure in her life as much as I should of. I was trying to be more of a freind to her instead of being strictly a parent.

I will,get through this, but sitting here doing nothing but watching TV is not helping me. I think about what happened over and over and over again. This does not help but hurt me and make me feel helpless. So maybe I need to find activities to do. I cannot go anywhere right now, so travelling around the city doing things is not an option. This used to help me with previous emotional turmoil.

Hugs from:
Shazerac, Wunderland