View Single Post
Anonymous40796

Default Sep 22, 2017 at 05:35 PM

Carmina, that film might be controversial but that's my middle name. I certainly learned a lot about myself during my psychosis, and that coupled with my studies, having first hand experience of what a plurality of mental illnesses are like helps me understand what I've been studying this entire time, the mind. Philosophy of mind and philosophy of psychology were my chosen niches in philosophy well before my psychosis hit. It was interesting to be a part of a narrative so deeply that you could look in works of art and see a tragedy unfold on a deeper level because my thought processes and emotional level were so heightened like never before. My access to empathy and compassion were at it's greatest during my psychosis.

...but, ultimately, my psychosis was too much of a destructive force. Something IS wrong when you start to turn your professors into affirmative action and the police. Something is wrong when you believe your phone has been hacked by your closest of friends. Something is wrong when you've searched your mind so often and in such distress that you start to lose cognitive capacity.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote