View Single Post
Anonymous43207

Default Sep 24, 2017 at 08:33 PM

In my experience (as I can't speak for anyone else), yes. It definitely works. Although there have been bumps in the road and ruptures between t and I and the work is hard... sometimes brutal.... but for me, yes. It works.

The biggest success of my entire almost-6 years of therapy just happened in the past couple weeks. I have finally let go of the anger at my mother for not being the mother that I needed when I was young. And I have never felt so free.

I'm not done yet, there's still work to be done. But that was a hugely ginormous piece of it for me and I honestly don't think it ever would have happened if t and I hadn't had a pretty bad rupture back in July. I actually quit via email over it and stayed away for 3 weeks before realizing I needed to go back. We have worked really really deeply since then.

(((MrsDuckL))) I wish you all the best.

eta: oh yes what Starry said. When I first started therapy I was an extremely closed-up person who, when in social situations even with family, would talk to people while looking at the ground. That was the first thing people noticed had changed in me after I started therapy, was that I began making eye contact when talking with people.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
MrsDuckL, RaineD, Searching4meaning