View Single Post
SorryShaped
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2017
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 04, 2017 at 10:15 AM

She was in the parking lot. I think I handled it well. Here's what happened:
She had a very big smile when she saw me.
I walked up, put my hand up like a stop and said "please listen. I liked you then you started the whole sex thing. I told you I didn't want a serious anything in my life right now, and I still mean it. I hope you find what you need. I'm not it, and I'm sorry you had to feel bad."
She asked for a hug. I told her it was only a hug. We hugged. She was crying. Dammit. She asked if we could go talk somewhere.
"No. We're done here. You came in way too strong. I'm sorry you got hurt. I feel bad because you're hurting, but the whole thing here's too f---ed up to continue."
"Can we be friends at least?"
"Give me a few weeks. If I message you then I'm ok with it. I don't have the ability to do so right now."
"You have a girlfriend don't you?"
"Of course not. I'm not a cheater. You take care. Bye"
I then walked away.
_-_-_-_-
Did I do well there or not?

I wanted to hold her and just tell her it's ok, because of how often I need that for me, but I knew I couldn't. I wanted to be apologetic more than I was but I wanted to also not seem accepting of her. I don't need super clingy anyone right now.
----
Also, yesterday, at my psych appointment, I did promise her that I will not be gone more than a week the first time out without returning and checking back in. I fully intend to keep that promise. She said that made her feel a little better about it but she still is worried. I reminded her that she has my cell number and can check in any time. She knows that I also have hers.
SorryShaped is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Shazerac