View Single Post
ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,457 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 07, 2017 at 03:56 AM

I have thought about this a lot. I read about people on here whose Ts say they love them. Ex-T basically said she loved me. I do love current T, and I know she cares about me. But does she love me? Is it even okay for a T to love their clients? And if so, is it okay to tell their clients?

My T is mostly blank slate... So that will be an issue in itself. I also think she didn't agree with ex-T telling me she loved me (but that conversation was a long time ago). M
And my T has pretty strong/healthy boundaries.

But I want to know if she loves me!

However, I know (and I think she knows) if she tells me she doesn't love me, it will devastate me. I will feel rejected. I will most likely have a breakdown, and it will set our relationship back.

It's weird though. As of right now, I'm okay if my T doesn't love me. What matters is that she cares. But I think hearing the words "I don't love you" will kill me (not literally).

So I want to ask her if we can talk about love in a therapeutic relationship, specifically love from a T. I want to know her opinion on it, and I want to know how she feels about me.

How do I bring up this topic with her? (Btw, I plan on emailing her so that she has time to think about how she wants to address it).

Hugs from:
CantExplain, LonesomeTonight, Shazerac

Thanks for this!
captgut, Spangle