View Single Post
Anonymous45127

Default Oct 10, 2017 at 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by here today View Post
I love schema therapy. I go once every two to three weeks in a spartan hospital outpatient clinic (so not as awesome as cases in the clinical books) but it's done lots for me.

"This present study investigated typical treatment settings rather than rare expert, highly structured, specialized situations. The therapists using Schema Therapy in the study were not experts in Schema Therapy. In fact, they were therapists already employed in Dutch community mental health centers who expressed interest in Schema Therapy, received four days of training, and then peer supervision throughout the study (as well as yearly expert supervision). This study suggests that Schema Therapy can realistically be implemented effectively in typical therapy settings.

An important additional finding of this study is that therapists trained in Schema Therapy by actively practicing techniques in their training sessions and receiving immediate feedback did significantly better than therapists trained in Schema Therapy primarily by readings, lecture and video examples of techniques. "
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote