Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Oct 12, 2017 at 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spondiferous View Post
Christina - good luck with your meds. I know it can be so frustrating. I hope you can find something that works for you. I will be thinking about you.

Gus, I love your critters! So sweet! And I get it. We're surrounded by animals here - bunnies, deer, raccoons, squirrels, all kinds of birds - and I worry about their wellbeing all the time.

Jan, I'm sorry to hear your dental stuff is still such a problem. I know this has been going on for a long time for you. I hope they can help you figure out what to do in a way that works for you.

WC - good luck with the MTX. It sounds like you live somewhere beautiful, though that could just be my bias since I've spent most of my life within easy reach of mountains and I know how wonderful they are. Hopefully you get to go out today and experience them firsthand.

Hope everyone else is doing okay today. Cake, I hope you're managing to stay safe from the fires, and not too heavily affected by the smoke and whatnot.

The appointment was good. Originally I just went because I needed forms for my university, to register with the disability resources centre. Even though i'm withdrawn I'm still going to file them. Picking them up is one of the things I did today. So I did the hearing test and he gave me a new pair of hearing aids to trial and they're not perfect but they're a heck of a lot better than the ones I already have. I wasn't expecting that at all. To be honest I've had so many things wrong for so long that I've given up hope that anything can help, and I'd kind of fallen in a rut. But anyway, I was going to get the aids, but the ministry of social assistance (the regulators of disability assistance in my province) doesn't cover any aids above $4000 (for the pair), and only every 3 years. So I was going to have to pay $5300 out of my own pocket and I was going to do it but then I withdrew from school and didn't think I'd have the money. Well it turns out that they're going to cover $4000 of it so I'll only have to pay the difference, AND I can get a yearlong payment plan! No interest or anything. So I'm getting new hearing aids next Friday! So excited.

Anyway, I came home and got a bunch of stuff done (not sure where I got the energy...) but now I'm exhausted and taking a break. I'm determined to get a load of dishes going before I settle down for my nap.

Wishing you all ease and light.
GREAT NEWS!
I am glad it went so much in your favor! Wow!

WC

Hugs from:
January, spondiferous

Thanks for this!
Gus1234U, January, spondiferous