Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 13, 2017 at 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
Yes, I need to move from grief to acceptance. And I need to move on. For well over a decade - if not two - my sister has not been much a part of my life. So nothing has recently changed. What's recent is this kind of sudden awareness that she seems to want it that way. I don't know what suddenly brought this on. I can't figure that out. I visited her four years ago. She was very nice. I came back from that visit very refreshed in my soul and grateful for her hospitality. It seemed that the awfulness of ten years ago was receeding into the forgetable past. It's been hard not feeling free to travel these past four years. I just figured that someday I will be able to, and I'll look forward to seeing both my sisters and their families. And I believed they will be glad to see me. Now I believe that this one sister is in no hurry to see me. I called her back in April, and I haven't heard from her since. No contact for five months. I believe she will probably call me right before Christmas - like she did last year. That's a "duty call." I don't want any duty call from her. I gave her number a special ringtone, so I think I won't even answer it when she calls. I guess she does dislike me. That's her privilege. What I hate is the phoneyness of the gestures that are just motions she goes through because she cherishes her self-image of being the nicest of people.

I am thinking right now that I am becoming crazy. This resentment is poisoning my soul, or at least ruining my day. I do have to accept and move on. I guess I'm still stuck in the grieving stage.

I keep responding because I think I really do know how you feel. My heart goes out to you. I am sure your sister doesn't dislike you. It sounds like she is very involved with her own immediate family. People only have so much time and energy and they usually devote the most time and energy to those who are near and dear. Some siblings are close but I don't think it is the norm.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76