2,472 hugs
given
Default Oct 19, 2017 at 02:30 PM

Sat: weights
Sun: cardio
Mon: class
Tue: weights
Wed: very fatigued for some reason and no exercise
Thu (today): class (still moderately fatigued, didn't do terribly well but pushed myself -- so yay)

And these posts are getting a little dry, so .... let's see ... an little anecdote from some time ago.

[overused, televison wavey fade-in effect]

I do that thing called "plyoga". Despite the name, it's very little like yoga, and more like masochistic boot camp. It mostly makes use of plyometrics, which is what drill instructors started doing a number of years ago when they decided calisthenics weren't sadistic enough, but otherwise looks fairly similar.

A few months ago, they started offering plyoga as a new class. The instructor asked people in the other class I originally went to, "So who's coming to plyoga?"

Now, I'd looked at some videos online after seeing the description on the community centre calendar. It looked way too hard for me at that point. But I thought that the local class would probably be modified in some way and made easier, right? And the instructor will probably soft sell it anyways. So I'm expecting comments like: "It's not that bad" or "You can do it". That sort of thing.

Therefore I venture, "Is it as hard as the videos I see online?"

The instructor only says, "Yes."

Oh good.

I tried it anyways. And I almost had to be carried out on a stretcher after the first time.

So when they say "Go as hard as you can." They actually mean "Pace yourself."
CepheidVariable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote