Member Since Sep 2013
77 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 26, 2017 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciderguy View Post
Goodness.

Okay - let’s say that Bill enjoys being trussed and flogged with a soft suede flogger. Bill enjoys a simple form of submission. Very basic leather/rope trussing.

Jill enjoys being trussed, too, but she wants to feel the genuine pain that can be inflicted only by leather/metal floggers that make indelible marks on her body. Jill is in a TPE relationship. And her bondage is much more extreme. Much, much more extreme.

Bill is the ‘vanilla’ sub - the white-bread-and-mayonnaise sub; the most common, less flavorful and blander sub than Jill who loves only through complete submission.

Can you actually not understand what ‘vanilla’ means in this context? Do you read books often? ‘Vanilla’ is often used as a synonym for ‘plain,’ ‘basic,’ ‘modest,’ &etc.

I shouldn’t say this, as I don’t have one, but maybe you should invest in a good thesaurus? It could help you understand the use of words that may, on the surface, seem to have only one meaning.

I should have read the OP more closely before responding: I cannot imagine how fantasies of children being punished by spanking is a fancy that can be realized beyond sheer imagination.

Thank you so much for you very condescending reply. Your "mansplaining it to me is Not needed, thank you. I did say that I've been in the seen for a few years so I do understand what "vanilla" is & the bdsm terms. VERY well!

You use many broad terms....that are not very broad. We'll just agree to disagree & not get into this discussion. Then I don't have to pick minute details apart.
But I've never, in all my years, had the word "vanilla" mixed into bdsm terms. That's where there's a line drawn so one can see a distinct difference.
Maybe your term "vanilla" refers to what we call "weekenders" who decide they wanto explore bdsm for a weekend & know everything bec they read the fifty shades series.
That's a Very bad idea bec this is how most get hurt.
(And I'm not sure you understand TPE bec it's not about heavy bondage. Not at all)
Maybe you need to pick up a book on bdsm terms.