View Single Post
Anonymous40057

Default Oct 27, 2017 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm257 View Post
Hi. So, adding on to the original post. The more i think about it, the more I realize the autistic behaviors I have. I used to talk to myself, loudly, in front of the other kids on the playground in elementary school, up until 5th grade, but as I got into 6 grade and moved to a new school Igrew out of thst, although I still talk to myself in private, a lot. A lot of times, I can say something rude or odd in a conversation to someone else and won't realize it was rude until my parents say it was rude, even if I don't understandhow it's rude. Though I have toned down quitea bit because I've gotten shy, Iused to mindlessly do very awkward and socially unacceptable things in public, although now my parents letme know if I've done something rude. The things my parents tell me are rude are not smiling back at someone, staring, not responding (or giving very short responses), or not socializing at all when we have guests over (I'd really just prefer to keep to myself) I wasn't aware of any of these until this last year when my parents pointedit out to me.
I think it's empowering to know these things, so I'm happy you have some feedback with this from them. The next part is deciding if you want to change those things. No one can tell you you have to do this. It's entirely up to you. And if you do try to change those things for someone else, it won't work. All change comes from you, or not. One thing you should know though is: if you do want to change some of those things, it can be done.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote