View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,415 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 28, 2017 at 04:01 AM

I had a polyp in my uterus early in peri-menopause. I was also having a lot of pain with my periods and my periods were heavy and long and horror movie-esque.

I had a hysteroscoy, D&C and a laparoscopy (they went into my belly with 3 little incisions and checked my ovaries for cysts, removed cysts from my tubes, checked for endometriosis, etc.

The end result was that the D&C cleared out the polyp but my uterus was "boggy". I wasn't fully shedding the lining every month and so it was building up and trying to shed itself.

I had a mirena IUD placed during my surgery but it was a bad experience for me. It completely destabilized my mood and I had periods every 2 weeks. They weren't as heavy or painful but they weren't great. And I was suicidal. So we pulled it, deciding we could always replace it. When it came out my mood improved rapidly but all the pain and heavy bleeding came back and I had a hyserectomy about 4 months later. That's not the usual course of things necessarily I think but I went into menopause young and there was no way to help me but remove that horrible uterus. During my hysterectomy they discovered my fallopian tubes were misshapen which probably was why I had so much pain as an egg tried to force its' way down.

What you are experiencing is not normal and you deserve better care. If nothing else they should be monitoring to see whether you need another infusion.

Thanks for this!
possum220