View Single Post
still_crazy
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2016
3,342 hugs
given
Default Oct 29, 2017 at 09:56 AM

hi. klonopin takes longer to work and lasts a long time. over the long haul, drug induced depression is more of a problem with klonopin. back in the day, high doses of xanax were used to treat some forms of depression, and to boost other treatments in depression in other people.

here in the us, we have a xanax xr or er or...i dunno. i think its one pill in the morning, and its supposed to provide all day coverage. i would think that there'd be a problem with inter-dose anxiety if one was taking it daily, every day, but...maybe not (?).

i personally preferred ativan to xanax. i needed a bit more ativan than xanax to get the results, but i could actually function better w/ the ativan than the xanax. tapering klonopin proved to be hell on earth for me, personally, but...i didn't have the best shrink, and other people dont have that problem.

if a benzodiazepine is going to be a daily part of your life...is valium/diazepam an option? its not very popular here in the us, but...its easier to taper than many other benzodiazepines, and it comes in a wide variety of pill sizes, plus i think there's a liquid.

hope this helps.
still_crazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, TicTacGo