Pookyl
Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2017
79 hugs
given
Default Oct 30, 2017 at 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiosity77 View Post
Whether it was hypo or full I"m coming out of it now. I already was yesterday, or I wouldn't have posted worrying about it last night. It's amazing to me that my brain can just amp up like that out of nowhere. I felt like I was on stimulants, but I wasn't. Analyzing the whole thing bit by bit last night was good, and thanks for the suggestion to bring to pdoc. It's hard because I've been stable for a long time, and I don't want to disappoint her or loose the freedom I have now around the meds I prefer, stuff like that. I feel like she'll expect me to know better by now, but I guess I do, in the sense that I didn't do anything serious to wreck my life this time around, so that's something. I think it was just hypomania, but a pretty intense hypomania. It's weird how I feel almost like a different person in those states. Thanks for input folks
Yes definitely bring it to the attention of your pdoc. Do you keep a mood diary that you can show him/her? You won't disappoint your pdoc. Your input will still be respected. Don't be afraid to take days off work to deal with an episode. You may recover quicker and you won't lose your professional integrity.
Take it from me, people don't react favourably to a health professional who's manic. (I had a phone call from HR the day after I went manic.) Turned out I had prattled cheerfully and incoherently to a CEO who rang HR concerned that 'Pookyl' did not sound ok and could HR please check on 'Pookyl'
Pookyl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Curiosity77