Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2009
3 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 06, 2017 at 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CepheidVariable View Post
Thanks for the tip. Actually, my home weight routine seems fairly benign on the wrists. It was doing plain-old push ups in class (20x3 in intervals, ugh -- I'm sure I couldn't have done 60 anyways) that caused trouble because it puts a lot of pressure on the wrist taking my weight at a hard 90 degree angle. I think it's just that my wrists are always slow to develop strength, and so become a weak point.

So there's this:
https://breakingmuscle.com/learn/7-e...ength?page=0,1

I'm glad to hear about your good day, and congratulations on getting it done. Heh, it just occurred to me -- "a walk in the park". Sorry, just kidding.

So, I'm curious, what kind of strength intervals do you do in the park?
"A walk in the park." Haha Well yes it is...once I'm out there! Don't know about you but it's always a challenge getting myself off the sofa and out the door. But after I'm outside and warmed up, moving my body becomes a fun and easy walk in the park.

Due to chronic pain, I'm doing gentle, short reps of pushups, lunges, planks, and various leg and ab work intermixed with low impact cardio. I'm taking it slow as I don't want to set myself back even further with more pain. I'm hoping to get at least 75% of my physical strength back within 6 months or so...

I was asking you about lift gloves because I always wear them during pushups to take the weight/pressure off my wrists. You might want to try them as they've lessened my wrist pain.

How long have you been working out? You seem like a seasoned fitness buff. Thanks for the heads up on the fitness website. I can't wait to peruse through it. It looks really good!

Thanks for this!
CepheidVariable