View Single Post
NextToNormal

Member Since Sep 2013
23 hugs
given
Heart Nov 09, 2017 at 06:40 PM

Hello all!

It has been a long time since I've visited, and even longer since I've posted. I have lots of fond memories of this place, as I think it has aided in my recovery. I am not free and clear of depression, but have been self harm free for more than 4 years now. But alas, this story is not about me.

I've reconnected with a friend of mine over the past year, we were really close in middle school. Turns out our lives have been pretty similar, depression, self harm, trouble with relationships and earning money. That being said, she is also recovered from self harm about 3 years now. She feels confident enough now to seek out getting a tattoo to cover it (1/2 sleeve) but as you can imagine, those are fairly expensive and all of our friends and family are broke.

I am immensely proud of her accomplishment and will be happy to pass along any words of encouragement you may have for her. I don't really think anyone will help contribute, but if you do it comes with a heartfelt thank you.

For those still suffering, please remember that even if you fall off the bicycle, it doesn't mean you can't get right back on it. Stay safe, stay strong, and be proud of your accomplishments, even if it's going longer without, or shallower, than the last time.

Please let me know if I'm breaking any rules, I checked a few posts and I'm not sure if this would be allowed or not:

https://www.facebook.com/donate/1585...8550684747142/
NextToNormal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote