View Single Post
serloco

Member Since Jun 2013
63 hugs
given
Default Nov 12, 2017 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgotmytongue View Post
So I only just read about Dr Hoffer and how he would treat his schizophrenic patients with Niacin which is Vitamin B3. I asked my doctor about this and she said that yes there is some research to back up that it is good for patients, but she said it was as an add on treatment to your medication.
I was wondering if anyone has tried it or knows of someone who has? Does it help? Were you able to reduce your medication?
I'd like to try it in the future and see how it works. Supposedly you are meant to take Vitamin C and other supplements as well which are beneficial.
I have done some extensive research on Dr Hoffer's efforts and found that it works well for the first year of treatmentt. However after that time it takes longer to take effect as the body needs to heal and recover from the long term illness.

I am on a healthy regiment of vitamins and supplements as well as three herbs and I have just come off my meds. Its been two weeks and I am healthy and feeling great. I have had chronic sz for 7 years now and so niacin will take awhile to kick in. I am taking 3000mg per day. I read some articles about some other chronic patients and they said the effects started being seen right away but the full recovery took anywhere from 3-5 years.
serloco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote