View Single Post
Anonymous50013

Default Nov 15, 2017 at 01:21 AM

Hmm, don't know about breed compromises. Would it do any harm to suggest to your parents the breed you want, since you'd be doing most of the training?

Seven years ago, when I got my pup, I took an online test that examined my lifestyle, and matched me with a good breed for me (I wish I could find it and link it now). It matched me with a German Spitz (American Eskimo), and I happened to find one in foster care in a city nearby where I lived at the time (Portland, Oregon actually). My aunt had a toy sized Eskimo when I was growing up, so I was already partial to them. My Soapy is a miniature Eskimo, which is the next size up.

Eskimos can be pretty nervous, and they are affectionate and loyal to a fault. I have never known a dog to NEED cuddles as much as her. I got her at nine months old, and she had potty training issues for another year. She also has developed anxiety over certain noises, which is a complete mystery to me. The sound of text notifications on phones (of ANY type) makes her tremble! Overall though, save for a shrill little dog bark, she is perfect for me. She knows tons of tricks now, and is the absolute light of my life. I originally wanted a full sized Spitz (which are still medium sized), but I don't regret having one her size. I take her everywhere I possibly can.

I saw all the great pictures of you and your fire cats. You will of course share pictures of the new pup when you get it, right?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous45390, LiteraryLark

Thanks for this!
LiteraryLark