Grand Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
344 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 18, 2017 at 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRae View Post
I wish people would/could understand that having a PTSD dx doesn't automatically mean a person is,or will become, violent.Or that anytime they are upset or mad about something it's not always because of their illness.
Oh, YEAH. I love how, once somebody finds out we have a diagnosis of any kind, we're never allowed to show our emotions ever again. We don't have feelings, do we? No, they're always symptoms.

I'd like for people not to take that exaggerated startle reflex personally. If I jump through the ceiling because you made a noise I wasn't expecting, or because you suddenly came into my field of vision when I didn't know you were there, it doesn't mean I'm afraid of *you.* It's called a reflex because it's something my body does automatically, and there isn't anything anybody can do about it.

I'd also like for people to let go of the idea that PTSD is something only combat veterans can get.
Albatross2008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous38191, Anonymous45390, katydid777, KYWoman, MtnTime2896, Onward2wards, RubyRae, Squaw, zoloft haver

Thanks for this!
ACrystalGem, Erro, GeminiNZ, KYWoman, Moonrider125, MtnTime2896, Onward2wards, Persephone518, RoxanneToto, RubyRae, seeker33, seesaw, Squaw, TrailRunner14, zoloft haver