Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
437 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 27, 2017 at 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
I'm sorry you're caught in this difficult situation. I guess I can't really relate to this situation directly since I no longer have any extended family... or friends either for that matter. It seems like I've always had interests that were different from anyone else I ever knew. I guess that's perhaps part of the reason I've gradually become more-&-more reclusive.

I've been a very secretive person pretty-much all of my life. (It's a long story.) Somehow, I don't know how, I learned very early in life that there were things about myself that I must never talk about with anyone. And so I didn't... and I still don't. And over time the tendency has spread throughout my day-to-day life. I just keep my thoughts to myself. My personal opinion is that this is often for the best.
If that works for you, then more power to you. You seem like a really interesting person, I bet there are decent people out there who would enjoy getting to know the real you.

For my part... I'm starting to realize that there are people who I don't respect, and don't like. And I should probably be relieved that those people don't like me, either.

I do think there is something to the idea that everyone has good qualities that can be appreciated. I can see some good qualities even in the people I am in conflict with. My hope for the future is that they would be able to recognize my good qualities as well. I don't mind not talking, I just wish the times we were together were not so stressful. I'm doing what I can to take care of myself.

I have to admit I sometimes forget how good my wife is to me, and how much I appreciate her. She does have a strong commitment and loyalty to her family, and I think that commitment and loyalty causes some blind spots. I suppose that's to be expected.

Last edited by shakespeare47; Nov 27, 2017 at 07:39 AM..
shakespeare47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote