View Single Post
MeIAm

Member Since Nov 2017
2 hugs
given
Default Nov 29, 2017 at 08:35 AM

~Why was I a crybaby whenever I felt sad
~Why was it wrong for me to show any emotion other than happiness and if I did, I was a dramaqueen
~Why didn't you come to my 4th grade play - I had the lead role
~Why did you have a fight with dad on my 10th birthday, leave and not come back for 2 days (we ate the cake but there were no candles)
~Why did I only have 1 pair of pants all through Jr. High School (it wasn't money)
~Why did I have to take care of my sister after school and every summer and school break (again, not money)
~Why do you still try to hold money over our heads (We know you have it; none of us care or want it)
~Why does everything still have to be packed with drama with you as the martyr or super star
~Why are you so racist, homophobic, xenophobic and intolerant - how did your daughters learn to be loving, inclusive people (all 3 of us are, despite you)

~Why, if I told you any of these things, would your first and only response be to make a huge deal of playing the victim and somehow make me feel badly for saying you were a bad parent rather than recognizing that all these things still cause me pain
MeIAm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote