Thread: Books ARGH Us!
View Single Post
Anonymous40796

Default Dec 01, 2017 at 08:52 PM

Oh hell no, im not letting this gem of a thread die! RESURRECTION!

So what books have people been reading? Any books on the ol Christmas list? I'm thinking about reading something on Panpsychism. It's a philosophical theory where every particle has a fundamental aspect of consciousness, how else is consciousness possible? It's just a theory but it solves the mind body gap problem, because if it's one type of stuff with two different aspects (mental/physical) then that explains how we can use our mind to move matter, like when we lift out arms at will, or act on moral principles.

I might also read Wilhem Meister Aprenticeshi.
Here's what amazon says about it:
Quote:
Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship, a novel of self-realization greatly admired by the Romantics, has been called the first Bildungsroman and has had a tremendous influence on the history of the German novel. The story centers on Wilhelm, a young man living in the mid-1700s who strives to break free from the restrictive world of economics and seeks fulfillment as an actor and playwright.
Goethe's Faust and The Sorrows of Young Werther resonated with me deeply. Faust is the best book I've ever read. It's an encyclopedia of different kinds of poetry.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote