View Single Post
Aliceiw

Member Since Nov 2017
24 hugs
given
Default Dec 04, 2017 at 03:47 PM

I think I wish all of my life was as good as it is right now.

I was emotionally and physically abused until about 10 (adoptive father)and suffered through a traumatic divorce between my parents leading to a move with my mother, like 300 miles away from my childhood home (all in about 1 year). I had one year of peace before mood symptoms of this disorder showed up. I was miserable through all of my adolescence but things started improving at 17 when I was diagnosed and treated. I still had a lot of symptoms but just not as severe after that. When I was 22 I started seeing things and endured psychotic symptoms and then after being put on an antipsychotic my quality of life has been amazing.

Now almost 26, A lot of the time I feel like a normal person, I go about my day and have normal reactions and emotions. I don't need therapy very often and usually I can catch episodes early enough to treat them before they get out of hand.

I would have to be dragged kicking and screaming to make me go back to my childhood. I envy those that had so many good memories. My best memories were ones in my own imagination.

Hugs from:
Anonymous45390, bizi, Sunflower123