View Single Post
anxiety247

Member Since Aug 2011
4 hugs
given
Default Dec 05, 2017 at 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=Arbie;5911029]There are people who know full well that somebody has PTSD, and make a game of deliberately jumping out at them so they can laugh at the startle reaction. That is truly sadistic. I won't tolerate people like that in my life anymore.

Agreed.

I don't get how people get any type of enjoyment in watching someone react to something that causes another being distress. Would you laugh at the diabetic going into shock? No.

This one neighbor I had who also experienced mental illness and knew about my ptsd. Triggered me many times. He would pound on the door like he was the cops. I would answer and be distraught and then angry with him asking him to leave and when he can learn how to knock on the door normally leave me the hell alone. The other thing he would do is while in my house hit the test on my smoke detector for the hell of it (huge trigger for me) and laugh when it sent me into panic mode. We are not friends anymore.

Another thing I hate about PTSD is that all people with it are dangerous. I am not dangerous. I am low keyed and hiding way in the background (social anxiety) and i dont like being lumped in what is called dangerous by most media;s these days.
anxiety247 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous38191, Anonymous45390, MtnTime2896, Open Eyes, Persephone518, seeker33, Squaw

Thanks for this!
Moonrider125, MtnTime2896, Squaw, TrailRunner14