View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 07, 2017 at 09:02 PM

I have been suffering from severe depression, PTSD, and GAD with mild agoraphobia for a long time. But things don't add up and no matter how much treatment I go through, or what drugs I take, nothing works. In another support group, I met someone with AVPD, and their description of their disorder sounds SO very familiar to me that I think I may have AVPD; I know at least I have numerous traits.

I have spent the last month in bed or on my sofa...many times for hours in complete silence, avoiding work, avoiding life, just avoiding having to have any contact with anyone or anything. The last two weeks are a blur because I have just spent them zoned out in a sort of dissociative avoidant state.

I see my pdoc in a few weeks and hope to discuss this with her and see what she thinks. In the meantime, I wanted to do some reading and learn more about this disorder and treatment/coping skills.

Thanks for listening.

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BreakForTheLight, Onward2wards