View Single Post
pinkdiva42

Member Since Nov 2017
115 hugs
given
Default Dec 07, 2017 at 09:44 PM

Exactly it feels like half the battle is won because u have discovered another trait in yourself that needs to be healed or at leaste you know u can soothe the symptoms with DBT and you know that its a real thing that you now can begin to battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
Thanks. Like I said, I don't know for sure, I just know that I definitely suffer from some of these traits, and dealing with those traits won't necessarily be different with a Dx or not. I've been researching treatment, DBT mostly, for AVPD but also for avoidance coping behavior.

I've dealt with these problems for so long, it's nice to think that it might actually be a real thing that could actually be overcome or at least managed. It's sort of like, the first step to treating the problem is recognizing there is a problem? It's almost like a relief knowing/admitting that there is an issue beyond what I've already been Dx'd with.

Seesaw

-------------------------------------------------------------

Borderline personality disorder, Agoraphobia, Social phobia, Depression, Anxiety, Pre-menopause, Sleep apnea, Fibromyalgia, AVPD

Meds- Cymbalta, Latuda, Aderall, Nuvigil
------------------------------------------------------------
pinkdiva42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote