View Single Post
SheilaKathy
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2017
1,005 hugs
given
Default Dec 08, 2017 at 03:06 PM

I'm on SSDI and was just hospitalized for 9 days in October. 2 hospitals were involved. I have the bill for one of them, but the other has not yet sent the bill.

So far I am surviving on my income, including a small stipend for being what is called a Senior Companion to an elderly man. I make $2.65 an hour, but it cannot be counted as wages, nor can it count against any of my benefits.

I don't know what will happen in the coming year, concerning all of this, however. I am feeling some anxiety about being able to keep my bill paying promises, so I can relate, even though I probably get less SSDI than you do and qualify for a few benefits.

One of my biggest expenses is food. I try only to eat fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains and not a lot of meat. I save on the meat end of it, because I prefer fresh to frozen or canned. I know this is probably not wise in terms of my budget, but I find if I obtain canned stuff or frozen stuff, I just cannot force myself to eat it and it goes to waste.

I am cutting back on vitamins and other things like that. When I was in the Hospital for those 9 days I did not have any of these and I felt just fine! So....

I am here to give you support and also to receive support. Thanks for this thread.

Hugs from:
Rose76