View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,517 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 09, 2017 at 03:42 PM

Am returning to something I posted about awhile back. Not going to use the trigger box because I don't think this will be triggery, but be careful if any abuse talk triggers you.

I'm still struggling with old memories that keep bubbling to the surface. I'll be glad to see my pdoc Monday so I can get his input. I've decided I'm not going to bury what happened anymore. I'm not going to just go around telling people what happened, but if the topic comes up I'm going to be open. That said, I'll confess I've been avoiding the news alot lately. The subject is so much right out there in your face in the news lately. It's a bit more than I can handle right now.

On aside note, I heard the results of a study this week that showed the same part of the brain that is activated by physical pain is activated by emotional pain. LEft me wondering if that might be a source of fibro pain.... maybe the pain of abuse causes changes in the brain that lead to fibro pain?

edited to add...

I googled fibro and abuse. Boy howdy did I get hits. There are some studies linking the two. One more ongoing gift from dear old dad.

Last edited by lizardlady; Dec 09, 2017 at 03:57 PM..

Hugs from:
cakeladie, January, Kiya

Thanks for this!
Gus1234U, January, Kiya