Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
736 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 12, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgreen View Post
Hey! I quit cigs in 2015, too...after smoking for 30 years! I've been clean & sober for a while now because my substance abuse kicked my arse around the block more than a time or two - but quitting cigs was pretty painful for me, too!

Congrats on the 90+ days, minnow! Keep on!
Thank you for sharing emgreen. It means a lot to me as I feel so alone now with all my problems. At least I got the nicotine monkey off my back but it took more than a year.

Cannabis is definitely easier but also it is a slippery slope in the thought process that could lead me to light up again. I've had huge consequences recently for my 'sins'.

After I quit smoking cigarettes I went through some health checks (I had no symptoms...) one of which was a chest xray, and found out I had lung cancer which led to surgery and chemo and lifelong monitoring.

My last psychotic episode led to criminal charges for the first time in my life. I wasn't any more crazy than some previous episodes but I acted out in different ways. So there are some tough lessons to learn. This place and my psychiatrist's office (I have 45 minute talk-therapy sessions with him) is my refuge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnow View Post
Thanks for the Congrats.

emgreen, Congrats on quitting smoking cigs!

ticomsin, I totally understand what you mean by "Awakeness" weed gave you. I told myself that it was an "Activator" for me to get going and it was in a way. That morning hit made me very active and alert. Like you mentioned, all my senses were heightened. Second hit at noon was needed and one at 4 too. This was my typical work day. Weekends were more frequent. I did this while hiding it from everyone. Even my wife. I knew I had to stop and find a better way.

Now I'm very slow in the morning and have to push myself. I will say that my mood has stabilized and I'm not having deep dark lows with panic and anxiety. So that is very nice.
Yes Minnow that is exactly how weed worked for me. I am trying rexulti now in the morning at a low dose to start and hoping it will snap my brain out of the funk. I am also hoping that the passage of time will help to relieve the heaviness. My brain literally felt lighter when I got a buzz on cannabis. Like there were little sparks then went off. I am seeing a slow improvement in the morning. for instance it is morning now and my brain is working well enough to read your messages and type a response. A month ago I would not have been able to do that.

2.5 mg olanzapine
tecomsin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Sunflower123, Wild Coyote