View Single Post
MessyD

Member Since Jan 2017
122 hugs
given
Default Dec 15, 2017 at 12:21 AM

My T got cookies from me today but it wasn't really a gift, I just made lot of cookies and there is no one to eat them. He seemed to like the gesture and the cookies. But I have given him chocolates before, so I didn't think he would reject it, altough still a little worried because of what is said here. When I gave him chocolate first time I asked while I was taking it out if it was ok to give him something. He didn't mind so I assume little things are ok.

I don't really understand this boundary either. I mean I gave cookies to other people, my boss for example, who I am a lot less fond of then my T and no one seem to object. And I understand this is a different relationship but from reading here I also see worse boundaries being crossed with less fuss from Therapists about it. Yes, if I came to his office and said "I found a shirt you would look good in and I got it for you cause I think you need to refresh you're wardrobe", I can see that being creepy but little gifts this time of year seem harmless to me. In fact, they seem to cause quite a distress to people who like to give.

Sorry, I am ranting, this rule just seems so cold and rejecting to me and you sure don't need another thing to worry about around holidays. But maybe you could just bring it with you and ask if it's ok to give him something? As for a gift, I would just pick something you generally give people around, book seems to be a bit more personal. But that's just me.
MessyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
growlycat