View Single Post
RubyRae
Grand Member

Member Since Apr 2017
455 hugs
given
Default Dec 15, 2017 at 05:35 PM

I would like people to know and understand that just because a person has PTSD from childhood it doesn't automatically mean DID.Many people seem to believe that's true and it's just not.

I would like them to know that PTSD symptoms are wide and varied for each person.No two people experience the same ones.

Not all triggers are the same either.And while it may seem silly or stupid to be triggered by a shirt color,a look on someones face or any kind of grape drink,it's very serious to me and really sets me off,not by choice.Triggers are not funny,they're not silly,nor are they b.s.

Depression is and can be a part of PTSD.And it definitely is for me.I don't need to be told I should also have a depression dx,or an anxiety dx,or any other diagnosis when I have already been to professionals and everything I experience falls under one dx,which is PTSD.

Not everyone with PTSD is heavily medicated.Some manage their symptoms without medication.Having the dx doesn't automatically mean meds are necessary to keep the person from becoming dangerous or violent.

PTSD doesn't cause a person to cheat on or abuse their partner.

People with it ARE capable of being loving,kind,caring,sympathetic and compassionate.
RubyRae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous38191, MtnTime2896, Open Eyes, Persephone518, seeker33, Squaw

Thanks for this!
KYWoman, Moonrider125, MoxieDoxie, MtnTime2896, Open Eyes, Squaw