View Single Post
weedpsychosis

Member Since Dec 2017
Default Dec 15, 2017 at 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecomsin View Post
I wish I had stopped smoking cannabis for good when I had my first break with reality at the age of 19 or 20. I stopped for over 20 years and never had another break. Then I started toking again to treat chronic pain and for energy and sure enough I had a series of breaks with reality for about a decade...

Now I'm done for good. I won't lie and say I don't miss it.

I hope you learn your lesson in a way I never did.

Also there are other antipsychotics besides seroquel so if that is causing side effects you can't tolerate tell your psychiatrist and they can prescribe a different one.

As far as the brain fog you are describing that could be a lingering effect of seroquel or of your episode or both or it could be a new issue unrelated. It could also be a side effect of mirtazapine. The best thing is to discuss this with a pdoc.
Thanks for sharing that, hopefully that will help drive me to never touch it again, like you there are parts that i miss that's for sure! I'm very confident I won't be touching it at the moment, hopefully when or if i return to my old self that I don't get a thought that it will be alright to have a smoke..

seroquel fog, yep that's a possibility, could even be severe depression?

I did go cold turkey with the seroquel so who knows the more I think about it, could be both of them things it's positive that I'm starting to feel better with the mirtazapine which is not a AP That could support that it's actually depression as that's what mirtazapine is designed to help with both depression & anxiety

Not saying that I didn't have some sort of episode from vaporising the weed, I didn't really wake up psychotic the next morning just felt really depressed an slow...

I'll be sure to post back with updates to how the mirtazapine is going, will also definitely post back once I see a psychiatrist it might be of help to someone
weedpsychosis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote