Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2015
211 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 16, 2017 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kecanoe View Post
Only my Ts, pdoc, best friend and husband know.

I think people are getting a lot more comfortable talking about depression and anxiety. 30 years ago no one talked about addictions and now lots of people talk about those, too. Probably in 50 years, everyone will be telling the world about personality disorders.
Yeah, I see what you mean and that is a good thing. But I was also talking about how people have to mention these things even when it's not relevant. Almost like it's a cool thing to have. I just don't see the point of telling people you have anxiety or depression when you're talking about something completely unrelated. Like if you were to start a Facebook comment in reply to a post about a football match with "I'm a vegetarian".

I think a few more people might know about my depression - there was one time when I was so pissed off at the way my doctor treated me that I told a few people what happened at the appointment, but I did hope that maybe it wouldn't really register with them? And I pretended it was just that one depressive episode I had 3 years ago, never told them I've been dealing with it for 15 years.
BreakForTheLight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote