View Single Post
Anonymous50909

Default Dec 17, 2017 at 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciderguy View Post
I smoke weed to treat chronic pain. A 60/40 strain of sativa/kush during the day and an 80/20 kush/sativa in the evening.

I was taking 300mg of morphine for 13 years and 80mg OxyContin and Hydrocodone 10/325 as needed up to five times daily. And I just stopped. Too big of a pain to go through to get the opioids. Felt like a criminal. With specific weed strains I can feel a morning creativity and get through the day with limited pain and, at night, I can sleep.

I know that there are some cannabis/Bipolar studies with various findings but I’ve not paid much attention to them: I know what works for me. Yep, I have some goofy antics during the day and some slow-moving ‘take yer good shoes off’ times in the evening (but, nonetheless, some genuine flashes of genius, in the evening, too).

One day - if I’m really bored - I’ll search LexisNexis for the articles of testing Bipolar disorder with cannabis.
Thanks for this. I use cannabis as well. I have a prescription for it and the doctor knows I have bipolar. I replaced benzos and sleeping pills for cannabis. I typically use edibles and oil now as I don't love smoking it.

To OP: great job! I know cannabis use in bipolar is controversial. I have been instructed not to use anything high THC for risk of psychosis (I still do sometimes). If it doesn't work for you, quitting is the best thing. You should be proud of yourself!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
tecomsin