Thread: Survival Mode
View Single Post
chalmette70043
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2007
Default Jan 18, 2008 at 02:49 AM

Oh the Quarter is up and running. Hasnt been a ghost town for quite a while. Cats Meow even has their webcam of Bourbon street up and running again. It was packed for the Sugar Bowl and BCS game. And with Mardi Gras season here, its getting wild down there.

The Lakeview Area is coming back. More people rebuilding in that area. The ole' Lighthouse at West End on the Lake is going to be rebuilt i hear. And where Joes Crabshack use to be is Landry's now and looks really good.

Where i am in St Bernard, the lower 9th, new orleans east and plaquemines all look pretty much the same as it did back when you were here. More houses and businesses demo'd. Us areas still have a long long way to go. But we chugging along and trying to hang in there.

I tell ya one thing Kiya, the entire gulf coast region holds all ya'll dear to our hearts. Without ya'll we wouldnt be where we are today.

So often we dwell on the things that seem impossible rather than on the things that are possible. So often we are depressed by what remains to be done and forget to be thankful for all that has been done.--Marian Wright Edelman
chalmette70043 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote