View Single Post
justafriend306

Default Dec 27, 2017 at 05:07 PM

Several things:

1. People seem to be bandying about the term PTSD. It seems the in thing to have these days and I get so very irritated by those jumping on the bandwagon and self-diagnosing the condition. That is not to say that some of these people might very well have trauma issues but it just seems that so many claim to have it because it is en vogue to do so.

2. That due to the above taking place, people seem to question and devalue the disorder's legitimacy. Even with a proper diagnosis, I still seem to need to prove its veracity. It still comes down to a case of my statements being a matter of heresay.

3. People jump to the conclusion that PTSD is a physical result of trauma. In the case of emotional injury they seem to refuse to believe that non-physical trauma could possibly result in a diagnosis of PTSD.

ie. Oh, you never saw combat so you either shouldn't have a problem or shouldn't dare to equate it with what the soldiers go through.

4. People seem to be of the opinion that those with PTSD are unable to function at all.

5. In the case of abusive traumas, the attitude seems to be, "Oh I was bullied too, get over it."
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
HD7970GHZ, katydid777, Persephone518, Squaw

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ, Moonrider125, Persephone518, Squaw