Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 28, 2017 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafriend306 View Post
Your friend's terms of service with her employer may have required her to go in. Regardless, I agree that I too would probably have shown up myself. My sense of obligation to my co-workers and workplace is pretty strong and I too fear the consequences of making my employer unhappy. Yes, while reluctant I would have turned up.

However, I would not have left you home. What were the arrangements to begin with? How had you arrived at this friend's place? Had she been expected from the outset to get you home? What alternatives were available (anyone you could have called? Your friend's mother? Taxi cab?). I think that, if it had already been agreed that she would get you home that you ought to have worked together to see that you got home.
Same with me. I would have gone in regardless as well. I would have gone in out of fear of getting yelled at, and most people probably would that. And yeah her house is an hour away from my house and I have to take a T and a bus to get to the bus stop that is 20 minutes away from her house. It is common for me to use public transit to the bus stop and she will pick me up there and then she takes me back home. It was the same deal in this case.

Yeah I feel like she could have mad an attempt to at least get me back to the bus stop but since it would have been going out of her way since her work is only 5 minutes away, she probably could have asked her mom or someone to take me back. Unfortunately there are no transit services close enough tonwhere I could walk to it. She eventually did take me home though after we hung out once she returned. She did apologize for that and even though she technically did eventually get me home, I do feel like it is awkwsrd and slightly weird to leave me at her house for four and a half hours, especially since it makes the other family members feel obligated to interact with me. That’s why I offered to help the mother out. I figured I could be of helpful use while I was there.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote