View Single Post
justafriend306

Default Dec 28, 2017 at 10:13 AM

Thank you for your comments.

In my own dialogue I was intending to state that there is an opinion held by many that that PTSD is the result of either physical injury or that which has occurred from 'front line experience' (ie. military, emergency workers).

I encounter people who have questioned whether PTSD can result from trauma other than combat/emergency services experiences.

Incidentally, I have seen the reverse of this. I attended a few meetings of a PTSD support group. The 'victims' present were mostly those whom have encountered violence - the majority of which were women. Several gentlemen showed up whose PTSD was in fact pertaining to combat duty. It was really awkward and unfortunate as their (male) presence was really quite upsetting to many in the group. I was upset myself, what with my own PTSD stemming from violence (and at the hands of military persons no less). But I was even more upset when these gentlemen were asked to no longer participate. How cruel was that sort of message? That there own anguish was discounted on account they were male.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
katydid777, Moonrider125, Squaw

Thanks for this!
Moonrider125, Squaw