View Single Post
UpDownAround
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2017
493 hugs
given
Default Jan 02, 2018 at 01:24 PM

I like counting calories, eating light meals and using good portion control. I just had a 335 calorie lunch - 3 oz of turkey breast, an Xtreme Wellness tortilla (one of secret weapons; they are amazing for only 50 cals) and a 39g piece of baklava. Somebody gifted me a few pieces of homemade baklava and I don't want to just toss it. Meals will get more balanced once all the goodies are gone. I found entries for baklava between 3 and 6 calories per gram, so I picked one that is about 4.5 (sugar is 4).

I got an unhealthy start to my diet by cutting back way too much. While I don't recommend doing that, a welcome side effect is that I got used to not eating all that much. I have consumed about 800 of my 1500 calories for today after eating 2 of my 3 meals. Breakfast tends to be my most calorie laden meal because I eat whole milk full fat Greek yogurt with something naturally sweet (no artificial sweeteners) to flavor it plus a banana and clementine. Dinner is where I get the most veggies, though I would have had some salad in the wrap I had for lunch had I remembered to put it on last night's grocery list. Most nights I end up having a late snack measured out to bring me up to goal.

|And in the end it's only round and round
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|bipolar II, substance use disorder, ADD
|lamictal, straterra
|

Thanks for this!
99fairies