View Single Post
HopeForChange

Member Since May 2013
273 hugs
given
Default Jan 03, 2018 at 09:31 AM

The biggest thing that has helped me re-enter the workforce is maintaining a consistent schedule. If I don't sleep, I become manic. Sleep too much, and I become depressed. So no matter how hard it is, I stick to a consistent schedule. Also--once you start back, make sure you're doing what you can to manage your stress. If there are people who are draining and you don't absolutely have to talk to them, maybe distance yourself for awhile until you're feeling comfortable at your job. And don't talk to people who stress you out first thing in the morning or right before bed--just sets a bad tone for the day/night. If you're spiritual/religious, maybe try getting involved with a faith community. I know that's what gets me up and going on the rough days. I will try to write more as I think of it, but please know I'm thinking of you. Be patient with yourself--I was fired twice when I first tried to re-enter the workforce, but have been successful working at my current part-time job for nearly four years. Best wishes!!!
HopeForChange is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
still_crazy