Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 22, 2018 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revu2 View Post
Thanks Seesaw for your post.

How long is the contract you have with them?

Ans: Till we're through, and our dates keeps sliding around for arranging our meetings. Suddenly, last week, Ckwriter seems much more focus on quickening the pace. When we're on a conference call, though, he contradicts me and tells the work group we have all the time it takes. Sigh.

Can you see it through to fruition and then decline any further contracts with them? Is it possible to end the contract?

Ans: Oh, sure. Most of this tension I know from experience can happen.

I'm assuming by checkwriter you mean the person who contracted you, so the person you have to make happy? My contracts always specific approach and outcomes, is this person deviating from the approach and outcomes or just always requiring further clarity when something has been fully clarified?

Ans: Yup, Scope of Work in Place. I applied using an approach they are not fully familiar with, and coming with that approach is a whole host of other differences. I also see we listen differently, and have divergent intuitions of what other people can know or figure out versus need to be explicitly and formally told.

R
Ug! It's just one of those things you have to get through. I hope you have other clients who are more pleasant who you can take some comfort in.

I have some needy clients and other clients who are just rockstars. Fortunately even my needy clients are pretty great to work with. So far.

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote