View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 24, 2018 at 12:50 PM

Friday is a Big Day—I conduct an Open Space exclusively for our team of 15. As I observe myself I wonder what are the optimal levels of suspense or tension pre-day, Day of, and post-day?

I do know some things from long experience. Much of what I'll say will be scripted improvisation, I suppose I can call it that. I know I must start well. I rehearse and refine the first 2 minutes continually.

Not having a sound opening is what sent me into shaky land a week ago when my computer crashed while trying to find their wifi signal. I had to buddy up on Ckwriter's computer. I didn't have space to spread my notes, etc. Made a couple of minor flubs, so managed but it didn't feel stable or confident.

One of the members sent an description of OS to the project leads (me + Ckwriter + one support staff). I'll look at it carefully today and likely will pass it through to the whole team. I didn't send any because we've had a lot of other stuff to deal with, and frankly, I'd prefer to wait for them to experience OS and then talk about it than to read someone else's ideas before experiencing it. I may or may not agree, may or may not do it as described. Sigh.

Much of today is full of printing out needed materials and keeping them organized and in a sensible order.

I have my inner assistant questioning? Am I forgetting something? Is there something I need to bring, create, take?

R
Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
seesaw