View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 27, 2018 at 04:00 PM

Back last night from an overnight working gig.

Really, really depleted this morning, but something I expected. Even expecting it, to arrive at the feeling of it remains it's own thing.

Along the way, the hotel (Marriott) cannot seem to get my payment right. I've addressed it, my colleague who arranged the room (and paid for it on her credit card) has addressed it twice, I've called this morning, and they are so confused! Checked my pending VISA charges and I'm seeing the wrong amount, double billed!!

Called this morning. No help. Calling someone higher up the chain of command later today. Then as high as it will take.

Alerted my credit card servicing bank and they told me how to engage their conflict resolution services.

Let see, corporations are the great, efficient, etc. assemblages of poeple who do things right! Every organization from schools to government should imitate their stellar example. They care about customer service (at least in their ads)!

Hm, then why have I had such difficulties with ... Hewlett Packard, Virgin Mobile, Marriott, Westinghouse/KitchenAid, and Back of America? I've escalated all the way to the CEO's office with Virgin Mobile and Westinghouse/KA. Brought in my US Representative to help with B o A. Gave up on Hewlett Packard and changed brands. And now getting ready to engage Marriott.

Non of these escalations needed to have happened if the reality exceeded the hype.

Never buy the hype.
R
Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote